Join me for some of my favourite things and places.....
.... History, crafts, scenery and heaps of other stuff .......

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

It's Time for a Yarn


Granny square blanket so far.

I am finally back and ready to start blogging for another year.
I really needed the break as the holidays have been hectic.
I hope everyone has had a great start to the new year.

Time for a Yarn was held for the first time this year on Wednesday morning.
It was good to go along and have a chat and a cup of tea (or two, in my case) and a biscuit (ditto).
I was without my boy this time as he was at his dance schools summer school helping teach the little ones.
The project I took with me this time was a blanket I had just started a few weeks ago.
It is just made with small crocheted squares.
I was inspired by watching "Wartime Farm" and Ruth was making a blanket and I had made a small collection of small squares which I was going to use as bunting but I thought this was a better idea even though I have crocheted many blankets.  But I haven't made one this way before.
So I've been making heaps more squares and sewing them together.
It will be a lot bigger for the next get together.


Time for a Yarn

Come to the library with your knitting, 
crochet, embroidery,
hand sewing, tatting - anything involving 
yarn or thread - 
and share an hour with like-minded 
people. We meet on the 
last Wednesday 


of every month in the 
Paraparaumu Library 

meeting room at 10.15am for a cuppa, 
followed by a "yarn" 
while we work on our projects, share ideas,
 tips, and 
patterns.

The next session will be on 
Wednesday 27th February.

No comments:

Post a Comment