Join me for some of my favourite things and places.....
.... History, crafts, scenery and heaps of other stuff .......

Monday, December 17, 2012

A Symphony of Colour at the Lady Norwood Rose Gardens




As promised, here are some pics of the most gorgeous display of roses I have ever seen.
The sheer amount of blooms was amazing.
I only managed to photograph a small amount, not even near a quarter of the roses that were there.




When approaching the gardens, we got hit with the most delicious and heady perfume.
We knew we were in for a treat.




It was such a contrast to when we were last here a few weeks before.
It really was a magnificent display.




There were bus loads of tourists arriving all the time, all with their cameras clicking away.
I tried to get as many photos of the roses as possible but I am afraid I got all "rosed out"!!!
I think I managed to actually look at nearly half the roses on display, it was really a lot to take in.




Salem was taking photos today with his vintage film camera but only managed to get three or four photos of the roses as he ran out of film.
We should have bought more with us.
He used two films that day as it was, but we now now to bring many more.




So after we had "Rose Overload" we found a nice place to sit down with the ducks, pigeons and sparrows.
They were all lazing in the sun in the rose beds.
They didn't mind us hanging out with them.




I took lots of photos of the birds and will share them with you tomorrow.
Enjoy the rest of the photos of these beautiful roses, you will just have to imagine the glorious perfume that we were lucky to be enveloped in........

......Bliss....







































No comments:

Post a Comment