Join me for some of my favourite things and places.....
.... History, crafts, scenery and heaps of other stuff .......

Monday, July 2, 2012

Hill Street Matariki Winter Craft Market


On Saturday the 23rd of June we had a stall at the Hill Street Market.  They had a special Craft Market along with the usual farmer's market for Matariki (Maori New Year's) and the Winter Solstice.
The weather was absolutely awful so our stalls were inside.


Salem went around the market selling bits and pieces from our stall to the brave people who dared the weather.  He also sold many raffle tickets  for the hat, scarf and fingerless gloves pictured above.


I had spent the previous three weeks frantically crocheting to get more stock together.


I used every opportunity to crochet, on the bus, the train, while waiting for Salem at his dance classes and while watching telly at night.


We did have stock left over from our last craft market stall, but we did need more.


Salem had made the toys.  I think he was a bit tired this time to make too many things.  He is very busy with his dancing.


I must say that I am now having a bit of a break now from knitting and crocheting.  I think my next project is to continue with some of my cross-stitch, especially my Colonial Cottage one.


We made a good profit considering the awful weather.
We haven't been to the normal Hill Street Market for a while due to Salem's dancing commitments but it is now the school holidays so no dance classes for a couple of weeks and then we will be going into Wellington for rehearsals for the Royal New Zealand  Ballet's "Cinderella" as Salem has a small part in that.
He's looking forward to that.

That's all for now

Nellie B

No comments:

Post a Comment